Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Bit quiet???

Brendan

Its abit quiet on here isnt it????????

April 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Yes it is.

I (Rob) used to do a newsletter every month, but it is a tedious task. I hoped that the forums would replace it - but - not everybody is as computer talkative as you think, although to be fair more people are coming on board.

So if you see or hear anything you think of interest to a Mini enthusiast be it a website, article in a mag or newspaper, a pub conversation, something on the TV, something you just noticed on your Mini or did to it, your experiences at the MoT station, I am about to do 'this' anybody know a good way etc. etc.etc. etc.  Post it - even if it is controversial.

--

April 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brendan

Hi Rob, im no Pc ninja but i do like this sort of thing as opposed to a newsletter but hey ho. Anyway ive just took dleivery of my set of RED MPi coolant hoses i bought off ebay from China for £65. Thay look awesome and i did meet a guy ay Malvern who had a set on his blue MPi and he said they were great and he had experienced NO issues with them. They also sent them rapid UPS delivery and its only took about 1 week i think which is very good all toll. They also annotated the shipping paperwork to say value was £15 to avoid any import charges but we are alowed £135 i think in value before HMRC hammer us so im very happy and i look forward to fitting them to my Modified customised near concours MPi!!!!!!! I will endeavour to be at next months meeting at the Trout and if its nice i'll come in the Mini too. I hope others will come too in their Mini's so we can all chat over each others pride and joys in the carpark area.

Regards, Brendan

April 22, 2013 at 5:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Brendon, Welcome to the club (we chatted at Malvern).

I trust you have checked that those Chinese hoses are not left hand drive !!

Hopefully it will be dry on Club night and you will bring your Mini.

Gary

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

April 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brendan

I Gary, im sure they are fine and i will be looking tomorow along with my Maniflow manifold and set of RED seatbelts ive also bought for my baby.

Hope to be there on the meet night and if its dry and im all done i'll bring the Mini but i wont be able to stop long. Max 1 hour i think.

Regards, brendan

April 26, 2013 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brendan

Its gone really quiet on here again!!!!!!! Does no one come on here at all ????

See you at the meeting tonight but with this weather i wont be in my Mini.

May 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brendan

Still very quiet on here??? where is everyone???

May 25, 2013 at 4:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Probably working or holidaying or even welding up the rust.

--

May 26, 2013 at 4:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.