Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Happy Christmas to everyone!

JanZ Moke

It's Christmas, Rose-Marie and mother are at midnight mass - singing their hearts out... I'm on the forum, glass of malt in hand watching the timers switch off all the Christmas lights for the night, listening to some nice music...... blissfully oblivious to the turmoil awaiting me in the morning - do I really have to wear socks, shoes and trousers won't shorts and tee shirt be OK - what do you mean.... I'm supposed to carve the bird ..... and you expect me to get the cracker pulling sequence right... and wear the stupid paper hat...... - and, oh yes, I've always wanted one of those red foil fish that sits on my hand and decides what mood I'm supposed to be in....... to be honest, i love it!

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas, wherever you are, and whoever you're with.... remember, it's only once a year (thank whoever you choose)

--

Get a life, get a Mini... or a Moke:lol:

December 24, 2012 at 7:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Jan, You beat me to it!

Merry Christmas to all fellow Minifixers.

I didn't get the fibreglass doors or perspex windows I wanted - but then again - as they have been on my "Christmas list" for the last 5 years I wasn't holding my breath.

Got a new computer though (or at least the necessary bits to build one-much cheaper than buying one and can be to your own spec) and F1 the game. Cant be bad.

Got several pairs of all black socks - exit the problem of non-matching pairs due to lost socks!!! Result.

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

December 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Talking of Christmas lists - I discovered that Amazon Wish Lists could also have things on that were not from Amazon, so I made a list full of all sorts of things. Some were a bit expensive so I balanced it up with a 1 penny book.

Guess what I got for Christmas from my Amazon Wish List!!

However I did get a bottle of Lagavulin - I think it's something to pour down your carburettor when your Mini refuses to start on a cold and frosty morning!! It contains a lot of alcohol!

Happy New Year - Going to be busy if I'm to get through my list of Resolutions!!

--

One eye in the rear-view mirror, full speed into the curve, the engine running smoother than ever:lol:

December 28, 2012 at 1:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

I actually have two Christmas Lists. One contains "Stuff I want" and the other contains "Stuff I know my family will buy me".

My only New Years Resolution wil be the same one I have made for the last 10+ years   -   not to make any New Years resolutions.

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

December 28, 2012 at 4:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.