Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > CMCT 2013 > CMCT 2013 trial run

JanZ Moke

How did the run go? I was really looking forward to joining in but family issues and commitment meant I couldn't get away with it :roll:

--

Get a life, get a Mini... or a Moke:lol:

December 17, 2012 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Without giving away any secrets to anyone reading this - it went well. We had to stop at one stage and go back a bit because the road degenerated into a track into a heavily rutted mudbath. Five minutes with an OS map on the roof of a Mini planned another route which produced another advantage.

It was agreed the proposed mid-point would be perfect.

When the route book is rewritten with the road mods and the landmarks added are you going  to volunteer to give it a try as someone who is unfamiliar with it?

--

December 18, 2012 at 8:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Absolutely. First dryish day I'll take the Moke (and the boss of course) and check it out. You gonna join us? Notes comparing over a pint is always a good thing:)

--

December 18, 2012 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

I agree with Rob that it went well; in fact I would go so far as to say it is an absolutely cracking route. You thought you had seen narrow and twisty already - all I will say is "it's a good job the run is for classic Minis and not anything biger!" Lots of interesting points along the way as well. Going to try to include the grounds of what was once a private house - good photo opportunity if it comes off.

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

December 30, 2012 at 6:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

April Stephens
Question on the Cotswold trial run that we are gonna do over Easter I forgot what time and where to meet everyone? If anyone could remind me by private message what the times and places are if its not allowed to be discused on open forum
--
March 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Today some of us ventured out on a beautifull sunny but cold day to test the route for the Cotswold Tour. A couple of extra detours were added around lovely villages and the route instructions tested and tweaked for clarity. Everything went well and we arrived back at The Trout for a pint safely and well satified we had a good Tour route with lots of variety and interest.

--

March 31, 2013 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

I am puzzled that the web site credits Brendan with the last post on this topicPost Reply but he doesn't feature here!

--

April 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brendan

Beats me too Gary!!!!!!!

April 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Wierd things happen in cyberspace. I've never worked out the times on posts, sometimes they are in the middle of the night., as if it's working to US time.

I have noticed if you start to write a post and then change your mind it will credit you with completing it even though you have not clicked on 'Post Reply'.  Just a bit to hasty sometimes. It happened to me the other day.

--

April 27, 2013 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

".............I've never worked out the times on posts, sometimes they are in the middle of the night., as if it's working to US time......................................" or us saddos really are on here in the middle of the night!!!

--

April 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

".....I have noticed if you start to write a post and then change your mind it will credit you with completing it even though you have not clicked on 'Post Reply........."

Well, thats Windows for you!

--

April 28, 2013 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brendan

In that case i need to clean my windows!!!!!!!!! Hee hee

April 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

I thought this thread was about CCMT 2013!

I've spent most of this afternoon driveing along it on Google maps, doing the mods and correcting all the errors!!!!!

--

April 28, 2013 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brendan

Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

April 29, 2013 at 7:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Sticky keyboard?

Need a volunteer who has not tried the route yet to be sent out so we can see if they pop out at the other end as they are supposed to or just disappear into the countryside, and if they do disappear was that because they got totally lost or were overcome with the beauty of the place.

--

May 26, 2013 at 4:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Could be up for a spin this weekend.....

--

May 31, 2013 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

How wet will it be... will dictate whether to take English or Galv Moke

--

May 31, 2013 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Did a trial run of the route in my wife's A3. By eck it's narrow in a modern car!!!

--

July 13, 2013 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brendan

I wont be doing the run in mine but i will just turn up at the finish display area if this is ok???

Not risking any damage to mine as spent thousands on her and after all she is a toy/show car.

July 15, 2013 at 7:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

We would not organise a run that would potentially damage a Mini. It hasn't happened in the past and it won't in the future. We love our Minis and like to drive them.

--

July 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.