Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Missed club meet

JanZ Moke

Missed the meet... again! I was there in mind though - had some errands to run and by the time I was done, it was too late for the haul over to Lechlade. Sorry folks - will make the December one for some Xmas cheer

--

Get a life, get a Mini... or a Moke:lol:

November 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Jan,

One of the things we discussed was Club Polo shirts. Do I recall you had a contact that could give us a quote?

We also agreed to do the 2013 Cotswold Tour route (Minifixers club members only) as a test in December of this year. Rob will email round some proposed dates. If there are any dates in Dec. on which you are not available perhaps you could email those dates to him.

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

November 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Gary at November 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Jan,

One of the things we discussed was Club Polo shirts. Do I recall you had a contact that could give us a quote?

We also agreed to do the 2013 Cotswold Tour route (Minifixers club members only) as a test in December of this year. Rob will email round some proposed dates. If there are any dates in Dec. on which you are not available perhaps you could email those dates to him.

Sort of.... the contact is still there. I thought my daughter was working for this company - pans out it didn't last long. When I called them and mentioned her, they said... yep, she used to:roll: Still, that doesn't stop us using the company. I am looking at a few others too. I'll provide some more detailed info in the next couple of days.

--

November 14, 2012 at 8:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Jan,

At the last meeting I suggested using a company in Fairford called TShirt Studio - see tshirtstudio.com. They do other stuff as well.

I'd had a look around on the internet and also asked around and according to some reviews they were good for quality and service and their prices were described as 'average', so Di and I took a ride around. The quaity of the garments we saw looked pretty good and the vinyl printing was good also. I've seen some shirts on peoples backs where the vinyl looked very stiff but these looked just like printing. Embroidery is an extra £1. Someone at the meeting suggested a logo on the front and the web address on the back. This would not increase the price. Also 10% off for orders over £100. Being local to us we don't mind popping round to pick up orders so saving postage costs. The next step was to send them a file of the logo and they would do a sample for us, after I've played around with it as it should be a vector drawing.

Nevertheless, Jan, if you have another suggestion please let us know asap.

Re the proposed test run of the 2013 Cotswold Tour - I'll be emailing tomorrow.

--

One eye in the rear-view mirror, full speed into the curve, the engine running smoother than ever:lol:

November 14, 2012 at 2:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris(Apocalypse)

theres a place called Shirtworks. which is where all sobell house buys there tshirts from. 

November 16, 2012 at 5:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

That's the place I was talking about. I was hoping to get some good service based on the fact my daughter was working there. Apparently didn't work out. She quite her previous job to go to shirtworks - when she started, they said the job had changed to 'part time' and then 'holiday cover'. Luckily her previous emloyer was able to take her back. Still, they might be a very good company from a product point of view. I am in dialogue with the company that does the stuff for MGCC. They can handle small runs and mixed sizes.

--

November 17, 2012 at 8:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.