Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > Members Minis > My Clubman estate. 1980

Chris(Apocalypse)

Just a few photos of it. Its a restoration project. Getting somewhere slowly. 

[IMG]http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u518/chris_gardner5/Facebook/Clubby%20estate%20resto/IMG_1123.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u518/chris_gardner5/Facebook/Clubby%20estate%20resto/SAM_2860.jpg[/IMG]

http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u518/chris_gardner5/Facebook/Clubby%20estate%20resto/#!cpZZ4QQtppZZ36

Heres where they all can be found. 

September 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

I like the dash. What/where is it from?

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

September 14, 2012 at 4:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris(Apocalypse)

its a bit of a homeschooled bought one :L Originally made by someone or other  ( its on the back of the dash so i willl look in a second) :L and i didnt want the 3 clocks and then i found a smiths gauge and thought i will have that. Then i decided that eventually it will have a turbo so it will boost gauge then i though it will need a clock to finish it of so thats how. But i know that the people i bought it from would make it as a 3 clock as standard. 

September 14, 2012 at 7:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

My dash is currently a temporary homemade thing with a Smiths Cooper S speedo (large diameter) plus a number of other gauges. It sits a bit further into the car as there is a Webber bulkhead box behind it. I just liked the look and proportions of your dash.

If you are going Turbo I have a Metro Turbo boost guage somewhere if your interested. Do I remember it as a roof mounted slim pod type thing? I'll have to have a look in my garage.

--

September 14, 2012 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris(Apocalypse)

Sorry only just got time between doing college course and welding the shell up :) The dash is from custom consoles. If you have found that Metro turbo boost gauge I would love to see what it looks like. :)  

September 19, 2012 at 10:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Chris(Apocalypse) at September 19, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Sorry only just got time between doing college course and welding the shell up :) The dash is from custom consoles. If you have found that Metro turbo boost gauge I would love to see what it looks like. :)  

PM me your email address and I will email you a photo.

PS. Just looked at your albums. Looks like you might have uploaded the same photos 3 times. If I am correct you could delete two of the albums.

--

September 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris(Apocalypse)

Yes you are right. My computer had a  melt down. I didnt even know it had done that :) 

September 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Chris(Apocalypse) at September 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Yes you are right. My computer had a  melt down. I didnt even know it had done that :) 

As my eldest (computer geek) Son would say "Bloody Windows!"

--

September 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

If anybody wants to start a thread about the benefits of Linux over Windoze then I'm all for it.

--

September 20, 2012 at 5:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris(Apocalypse)

haha!  your right it was windows. I just remembered the difference between soft ware and hardware. when software brakes you swear at it when the hardware brakes you smack it ! 

September 20, 2012 at 5:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Rob at September 20, 2012 at 5:01 AM

If anybody wants to start a thread about the benefits of Linux over Windoze then I'm all for it.

Tempting............................. 

--

September 20, 2012 at 5:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris(Apocalypse)

did you get my PM,? 

It might be my email address not recieving it. 
Also guys still cant get the wiring sorted. I think i  might of fried my solenoid on the starter. 

September 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Yes got it - all ticket sare gone now

Without looking at your wiing it's a bit difficult. Are you using a pre-engage starter - unusual on an Estate. If so should not the current to the solenoid be cut off once it detects the engine firing, which suggests maybe some fancy wiring! Are you useing the standard wiring harness that has a normal starter?

--

September 25, 2012 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris(Apocalypse)

Yeah i was told it was not a problem using the clubman loom and the piggy back starter. Ok fair enough. 

September 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

That's probably correct.

If you have fried your solenoid then I can only think you must have wired it in line with the main feed to the actual starter motor, which takes a heavy current. The solenoid is a relay.

I hate to say it but follow the wiring diagram TO THE LETTER, and get it going. Then concentrate on modifications to the system. I know wiring can be very frustrating.

--

September 26, 2012 at 6:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

From when my Son and I built my Mini we decided that automotive wiring is witchcraft. It seemed to us to ignore all known science regarding circuitry. Once we figured out that any iffy earth would result in any circuit utilising that iffy earth choosing another route to earth we were at least able to resolve issues but it was still witchcraft!

--

September 26, 2012 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris(Apocalypse)

haha :) 

Yeah i think its magic at the moment ;P 

September 27, 2012 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris(Apocalypse)

Ive got a huge update to do at somepoint on the where im at. I havent got much time at the moment due to being an apprentice mechanic now. 

So heres where the clubbys at. All panels are on. and most of the parts are there ready to fit up :) I will get some photos up at some point. 

June 19, 2013 at 5:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Looking forward to more photos.

--

June 22, 2013 at 3:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.