Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > Events > Castle Combe MiniWorld action day

Rob

Would those club members who want a ticket for the MiniWorld Action Day on 29 September please let me kmnow asap

Rob

--

One eye in the rear-view mirror, full speed into the curve, the engine running smoother than ever:lol:

August 29, 2012 at 5:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

email sent. Count me in.

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

August 31, 2012 at 6:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

I even have my own jack now so dont have to follow someone in case I get a puncture !!

--

August 31, 2012 at 6:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Gary at August 31, 2012 at 6:42 AM

I even have my own jack now so dont have to follow someone in case I get a puncture !!

Cost me £1 off eBay !  Bargain.

--

August 31, 2012 at 6:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Gary at August 31, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Gary at August 31, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Cost me £1 off eBay !  Bargain.

The guy I bought it off used to have a Mini with a Metro Turbo engine in untill one day travelling along a country lane that turned right he went straight on, through a ditch and rolled it onto its roof. OUCH!!

--

August 31, 2012 at 6:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Mini is polished, fluids checked and all ready to go. Gazebo and banner is loaded (and my new jack is in the boot!). See you all there.

--

September 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Excellent as usual. Sun shone, lots of action. My favourite show.  I love the way moving Minis and people are all mixed up together. Lots to see with loads of people to talk to. Met a few folk who came to the Cotswold tour, all who said they would be back.

Came close to buying a Moke, but the reality of somewhere to put it means not his time. Must knock out a living room window to increase garage space.

--

One eye in the rear-view mirror, full speed into the curve, the engine running smoother than ever:lol:

September 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Was a great - burnt and wind blown face - kinda obliged to populate the Moke stand with PJ. Nevertheless was great to be there. Loved the parade run. Was glad that not having a roof, roll bar, helmet or seat belts gave me an adequate excuse not to mingle with the 'hard' guys racing around the track - some wild kit out there! Rob.... t'was a great Moke we looked at.... but I think you would be happier with an English one. There are a couple of projects on fleabay... and one supposed concourse one at £18K! Check out http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Moke-1968-project-Interesting-history-/261105190441?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3ccb150629 This is a Wood and picket conversion with the same wheel arch covers as the Prisoner Mokes. Also one of the very last UK mokes made!! And a Mk2!

--

Get a life, get a Mini... or a Moke:lol:

September 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

"Quote - Must knock out a living room window to increase garage space."

Rob, If you want someone to do you some drawings and get Planning Consent and Building Regulations approval I'm your man. Cheap too!

--

October 1, 2012 at 3:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Lots of Pictures of Jan & PJ here - http://bmot.jalbum.net/Mini-World-Action-Day/

From this site  http://www.belgianminisontour.be/

--

October 9, 2012 at 5:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Even more pictures of Jan and PJ in November issue of Mini Mag, page 20 and 22.

--

October 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Rob at October 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Even more pictures of Jan and PJ in November issue of Mini Mag, page 20 and 22.

Yes... it would appear that Phil Bowring lending one of his Mokes to Steven Colbran at the Moke national (mini magazine Oct 2012) has bought some favours with the mag editorials. Sneeking to the front of the queue and offering a mobile photographer's seat to Jeff Ruggles (Mini Mag Editor) ensured lots of door and roofless Mini coverage:D

The photo library of BMOT (Belgian Minis on tour) was submitted my Wesley and Anja Berloo from Belgium. Wesley is the Europe region coordinator of the Mokeclub - it should be noted that Wesley drove his Moke (for probably the 6th time this year) to the UK for events - averages about 20K miles a year in it! blew a headgasket just prior to arriving for the Castle Combe event and took the pictures whilest driving around the circuit on 2 cylinders!8)

Rob... we'll keep an eye out for a suitable chariot for you;)

--

October 28, 2012 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Unbelievably Jan and PJ have their picture in MiniWorld December issue page 100. Mind you, you'll need a magnifying glass.

--

November 1, 2012 at 5:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Will check it out on the shelves... Not a MiniWorld Mag fan... prefer Mini Magazine... I'll take the eyeglass from my  Pink Panther Spy Kit

--

November 4, 2012 at 7:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Struggling to find a mag... can you scan the picture and put it in the gallery?

--

November 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Picture in gallery. Clean your spyglass!!

--

November 10, 2012 at 8:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

THanks Rob. My word... there must have been some Moke bribery going on. What I think is quite amusing is that this picture, in the sponsoring MiniWorld Magazine - I have now seen it in the flesh - has the Bowring (Union Jack) Moke in the foreground carrying Jeff Ruggles from Mini Magazine who took photos for the much bigger article of said event in his own mag:lol:.

--

November 14, 2012 at 8:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Amazing - there must have been some interbreeding somewhere!!

--

November 14, 2012 at 2:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.