Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > CMCT 2012 > Presentation of Cheque to Sobell House

Rob

The presentation of a 'big' cheque valued at £618 to Sobell House Charity will take place on Thursday 23 August at 11.00am. Their address is: - Sobell House Hospice Charity Ltd, Churchill Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LJ

All Classic Minis welcome, Minis to wear their Cotswold Tour rally plaques for the photographs (if you lost it we might be able to find a spare)

--

August 17, 2012 at 4:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Will try to be there.....

--

Get a life, get a Mini... or a Moke:lol:

August 17, 2012 at 5:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

I'll be there - Big Cheque in hand.

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

August 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Forecast says - 'Blue Sky!' for Thursday:D Looking forward to it!

--

August 21, 2012 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Was great to get together and do the presentation at Sobell House. £105 pounds up on last year's fundraising too. Next year we should aim for £750!:D. Have put some pics in the photo gallery. See you soon

--

August 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

£750 would be about 90 applicants, achievable. 100 applicants would be about £840, some extra effort. To raise £1000 would be about 120 applicants at a rough guess. Strategy required, but would really put us on the map!!!

It was good today to be appreciated by the Sobell House people, even bearing in mind we are not their biggest donor by a long way.

--

August 23, 2012 at 1:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

I too had thought we should have a target and £1000 was my thinking. With a proper strategy and perhaps a "carrot" I don't think it's unachievable. Discuss.

--

August 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

JanZ Moke at August 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Was great to get together and do the presentation at Sobell House. £105 pounds up on last year's fundraising too. Next year we should aim for £750!:D. Have put some pics in the photo gallery. See you soon

Have posted a bit of a write-up on the presentation as part of the write-up on the 2012 tour under a separate post.

--

August 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

By the way Jan - did you charge for the tours of the hospital grounds in your Moke? Missed opportunity I reckon.

--

August 23, 2012 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

By the way Jan - did you charge for the tours of the hospital grounds in your Moke? Missed opportunity I reckon.

--

August 23, 2012 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

No... the only charge is that you have to enjoy yourself:). You will have an extended drive the next time we meet. Could be Castke Combe or before. Rob was posting some events. BTW, if insurance is OK and not too much rain (don't like getting the 64 too wet) at CMCT2013, I'd be happy for a club member to drive one of the Mokes when I drive the other

--

August 23, 2012 at 2:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

JanZ Moke at August 23, 2012 at 2:08 PM

No... the only charge is that you have to enjoy yourself:). You will have an extended drive the next time we meet. Could be Castke Combe or before. Rob was posting some events. BTW, if insurance is OK and not too much rain (don't like getting the 64 too wet) at CMCT2013, I'd be happy for a club member to drive one of the Mokes when I drive the other

I fancy the 1293 around Coombe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

August 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Gary at August 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Then again - No seat belts or roll bar. Hmmm - rethink that desire.

--

August 23, 2012 at 2:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Gary at August 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I too had thought we should have a target and £1000 was my thinking. With a proper strategy and perhaps a "carrot" I don't think it's unachievable. Discuss.

Possibilities:

Charge £2 a night extra for camping and get the Trout Inn to add to the donation

A Raffle (we must have a collection of desirable Mini bits to donate)

Charge a nominal entry fee for the Saturday night band - say £2.50 for members and £3.00 for others

Get the printing work, drinks, etc done FOC by club members with work facilities and donate the cost saved

Advertising / sponsorship (parts, services etc)

I think the event is going to grow in popularity. The increase in no. of cars participating and any of the above should make £1000 realistic

--

August 23, 2012 at 2:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Gary at August 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM

The 1293 has roll bar and seatbelts. Yours around the track if you want - swap you for a lap in the 1330 :D

--

August 23, 2012 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

http://www.sobellhospicecharity.org.uk/node/433

--

January 19, 2013 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Rob at January 19, 2013 at 6:26 AM

http://www.sobellhospicecharity.org.uk/node/433

Good write up for last year.

--

April 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.