Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > CMCT 2012 > Looking forward to another superb tour this year

JanZ Moke

We joined the tour last year, almost by accident. A fellow Mini fan had heard about the tour and asked if we fancied coming along with our Mini Moke. Not respecting any deadlines or formalities - the deadline had passed ;)- I contacted the Mini Fixers club a few days before the event to see if we could join the tour. A positive response saw us teaming up with 4 other Minis in Wantage on the day to head down to Fairford. On arrival we were handed our 'rallye plates' number and route guide. At set intervals, we left in groups - over 60 minis in convoy!!!! :)- on a superb tour of the Cotswolds, stopping at a railway museum for lunch, to all regroup at the end at the Trout in Lechlade for a well deserved barbeque. The route description was full of local history and was just challenging enough to make you from time to time hope for glimpses of advance groups to follow - but always kept you on track8)

We were so impressed with the organisation, the friendliness of the club and the overall event, we joined the club!:D

Now, having said that we didn't respect deadlines and formalities last year, doesn't mean that you should this year. Due to the popularity of the event, we highly recommend getting the forms in on time. This event take lots of organsation, and it shows!

Looking forward to seeing you all at the event - will be entering two cars this year,

Janz

--

Get a life, get a Mini... or a Moke:lol:

February 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Gail, count us in for the tour. Will pay next meet - shock horror, I should be there :-)

--

April 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Gail, count us in for the tour. Will pay next meet - shock horror, I should be there :-)

--

JanZ Moke

--

You must login to post.