Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Classic Car? Prove it

Rob

It seems the Government is cracking down on over modified classic cars. see http://www.heritagecarinsurance.co.uk/news/classic-car-prove-it/?utm_source=Heritage+Classic+Car+Members+Area&utm_campaign=86b6707be4-Heritage_Customer_August_Newsletter_2015_07_29&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1aef4cd793-86b6707be4-147686985

Note the three catagories under dicussion: -

Option One - Rebuilt vehicles -  Keep your original registration

Option Two - Radically Altered Vehicles -  Keeping your original registration if you comply with a points system, otherwise a Q plate

Option Three - Reconstructed Classic Vehicles -  an age related plate

All this is probably to stop 'ringers'. Best to ensure you have all he receipts and paperwork ready in case the dreaded letter arrives from the DVLC.

Everthing is still under discusion, it's good to see the FBHVC and the VSCC are on board.

--

August 7, 2015 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ju

So if over the past forty years you've been modifying,repairing and replacing parts on your classic,with what ever was about at the time,it may now not be  what ever it was in the eyes of DVLA .Have a look at my latest Berkeley post and tell me they are up the job!

They must be struggling to find things to do to justify their jobs.

August 9, 2015 at 1:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ju

DVLC,Rob your showing your age, you gotta move with the times Daddy-O.

August 9, 2015 at 1:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

OK Daddy-O (what era does that comes from). Trouble is I haven't got an App for it.

--

August 9, 2015 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.