Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > Members Minis > Berkeley LFF799 Mini conversion

Ju

For those of you who saw my Bekeley conversion at Castlecoombe this year if your intested.

I bought the RED Berkely LFF799 car a few weeks before M.A.D 2014, got it going and stopping,rubbed the p'poor paint job down a bit,taxed it,1957 so no MOT needed.I then ragged it around the track on the day.It got lots of interest.Great! Pictures on Mini Marcos club site and mini forums etc.

The car has now been returned to the seller as he knowingly sold a RINGER!!!

It just goes to show no matter how much you check the V5 and the cars history out it may still not be enough if the person selling a car is a crook.

BUYER BEWARE!

It is now for sale again on classic cars for sale.

November 4, 2014 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Have you informed the DVLA?

--

November 5, 2014 at 5:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ju

Informed Trading Standards,Police and DVLA.

The seller sent the money down with the transport company £10 short! The driver paid me the £10 as I was going to smash one headlight,he thought I was joking at first.I did give the him a reciept for £10 for one headlamp unit,after all it wasn't his debt,I hope he got it back.

Really p'ed off as I liked the car.

November 8, 2014 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ju

I just hope the Police do something this time as the privious owner reported it and they did nothing!

Glos force were keen but the car is back in Stoskport so they've handed it over to that area force.

November 8, 2014 at 1:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Is it worth contacting the Stockport police and getting a crime number from them. Have you told the Berkeley car club?

--

November 9, 2014 at 4:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ju

The Berkeley owners club have been onto it from day one,before I bought it.Unfortunately they discussed it on Facebook not on their web page.I don't do Facebook so didn't find it when checking for history of LFF799.

And the FUZZ are on it now as well!

November 10, 2014 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Whats the latest on the Berkely Julian?

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

February 17, 2015 at 5:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Ref my recent post 'Classic Car, Prove it'.

I wonder what the govt. proposals would make of it!!!!!

--

August 7, 2015 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ju

The latest is,DVLA sent me a new reg and VIN last month! I spoke to the chap at DVLA who sent the letter,he had all the information in front of him eg the history of the car the pictures,the fact its a ringer and that I havent got the damn thing anymore! yet he sent every thing I needed to make it ledgit.

These are the same people who are going to tell you your car sould be on a Q because it modified.The mind BOGGLES!

August 9, 2015 at 1:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.