Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Insurance

Gary

I may be preaching to the converted here but:

If your insurance on your Mini is set up to automatically renew DONT JUST ACCEPT IT.

Example: My insurance was due for renewal and I received the usual email from my insurance company advising that it would automatically renew and they would take the money from my bank account.

I obtained 2 quotes from other companies both of which were cheaper than my current insurer.

I rang my current insurer, advised them of the cheapest of the two other quotes and they then reduced my quote from £370 to £245. A reduction of nearly 34%!

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

September 18, 2012 at 10:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

So it's drinks all round at the next meeting?

--

One eye in the rear-view mirror, full speed into the curve, the engine running smoother than ever:lol:

September 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Rob at September 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM

So it's drinks all round at the next meeting?

Thats a very kind offer Rob. Mines a pint of Doom Bar. :D

--

September 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Who do you get to insure your cars Gary? Elmer (FUD) Moke with the 1293 is £137 and Minty the English Moke is £104 a year.... OK, limited to 3K miles a year each.... with agreed valuation. Lancaster

--

Get a life, get a Mini... or a Moke:lol:

September 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Mine fully comp is with Adrian Flux. The other two qutes were from Performance Direct and Adrian Sykes. The problem I have is normal insurance companies wont touch me as my Mini is so highly modified. I also limit to 3000 miles a year and have an agreed value of £7000 plus breakdown cover. Only 1 years no claims at present as main no claims is on my BMW.

--

September 19, 2012 at 3:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

JanZ Moke at September 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Who do you get to insure your cars Gary? Elmer (FUD) Moke with the 1293 is £137 and Minty the English Moke is £104 a year.... OK, limited to 3K miles a year each.... with agreed valuation. Lancaster

We use Footman James, includes recovery UK and abroad, two cars agreed valuation unlimited mileage for those sort of prices.

--

One eye in the rear-view mirror, full speed into the curve, the engine running smoother than ever:lol:

September 19, 2012 at 5:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.