Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > A tip from Stephen Davy-Osbourne

Rob

Here is a tip from Stephen Davy-Osbourne ( the author of the MiniWorld Cotswold Tour article) as a result of the Cotswold Tour: -

Incidentally, when we arrived at the leisure centre, the guy who was there and handed out the run packs (I must apologise, I have forgottenhis name!) He was also handing out bottles of water, and said that there should be a poll at the end of the run to see how many people had used their water for their Mini rather than themselves.Well, on my return journey from Southern Mini Days the following weekend, I had to top up my clutch fluid (in the dark) and managed to lose the cap for the reservoir. As it didn't fall out through the engine bay onto the road I consigned it as 'lost forever' but needed something to use to cover the filler to get me home so that the reservoir didnt become contaminated.I then remembered that I had said bottle of water still in the car,and so the bottle top is now in pride of place in my engine bay! I might even see if she can get through her MOT next week with it still on! haha!

--

One eye in the rear-view mirror, full speed into the curve, the engine running smoother than ever:lol:

September 17, 2012 at 8:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

For those of us that do not know; can we please be advised of which particular supplier of water the bottle top came from eg. Evian, Highland Spring etc.

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

September 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

I remember the top being blue:lol: Drank mine

--

Get a life, get a Mini... or a Moke:lol:

September 17, 2012 at 8:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

The water was supplied by John Gilliver. I suspect for long term use it might be advisable to drill a tiny hole in the top.

Do you think blue is authentic or is it possible to get one better looking from Fleabay:lol:

--

One eye in the rear-view mirror, full speed into the curve, the engine running smoother than ever:lol:

September 18, 2012 at 10:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Rob at September 18, 2012 at 10:51 AM

The water was supplied by John Gilliver. I suspect for long term use it might be advisable to drill a tiny hole in the top.

Do you think blue is authentic or is it possible to get one better looking from Fleabay:lol:

I think drilling a hole in the top of John Gulliver is a bit extreme - even for long term use !!!

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

September 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.