Mini Fixers

Restore Preserve Maintain

Forums

Forum Home > Events > Cowley Classic Car Show

Rob

Here is some information about the Caowley Classic Car show this coming Sunday: -

Cowley Classic Car Show This year's show will feature well over 100 classic cars, trucks, vans and motor bikes - many with a Cowley connection - from the 1920s up to the present. As well as the vehicles there is something for all the family.

Car parking is free. Children under 12 are free, adults £3, or £10 for a family ticket.

Location:  Marsh Lane, Marston, Oxford OX3 0NQ Date:  Sun, 2012-08-12 12:00 - 17:00

I have requested that we can display the club. See you 11.00-12.00 on Sunday

--

One eye in the rear-view mirror, full speed into the curve, the engine running smoother than ever:lol:

August 10, 2012 at 7:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

Sounds great Rob, will try to make it to the event. See you there

--

Get a life, get a Mini... or a Moke:lol:

August 10, 2012 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Myself, John, Ron and Jan attended this show today. Great weather, loads of cars (and lorries and busses and bikes and military vehicles) and lots of interest in our Minis.

--

Got a life ..... Got a Mini ...... Re-living my youth!!

August 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

T'was a really nice event. The Rotary club get great support and it really is a 'value' day out. Was great to be part of the 'Fixers' and...... be able to sit under Gary's expensive gazebo :-)

--

August 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

Good job we had that Gazebo. The sun was really hot (stupid comment really!) and with no shade we would have fried. Mad dogs and Englishmen.

--

August 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

We'll remember the Pimms next year, whilst we're 'out in the midday sun'. It was a scorcher! Was thinking about the gazebo and the banner. Would it be possible to attach the banner to the front flap of the gazebo? Also, I think we should have some business cards made (quite cheap to do) with MiniFixers info and values, contact details, web info and CMCT etc. that we can stick under other Mini w/wipers we see at shows, plus a small table with cards and membership forms. Anyway, just an idea

--

August 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary

I had thought the same about attaching the banner to the gazebo. Will have to look at the practicalities as with it being a pop-up affair there is nowhere logical to attach to. I had also thought about some form of distributable Minifixers leaflet. Business cards might be a better idea.

If we are going to regularly attend meets then we ought to be as proffesional as we can be. Need to think about what we "display" or contain in the gazebo. I had thought a table and chairs would be good but transportation becomes a problem especially with a Mini. Could always have (make as a club project?) a trailer but would then need to ensure that a towbar equiped Mini was always in attendance. Food for thought and perhaps topics for discussion at the monthly meet.

--

August 15, 2012 at 3:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

Attaching the banner to the gazebo is a good idea, especially when we are on a tarmac site. Would it be an idea to have a horizontal pole, like a alluminium tent pole, hanging from the gazebo and the banner attached to that. Incidently the banner needs some better eyelets in it.

Jan's business card idea is a good one., it is very business-like and good for the club image. We have always had some flyers to hand out but they need updateing, and are to 'homemade' . If we put say £25 aside we should be able to get some printed, unless someone has a printing dept in their company with spare capacity. When I worked for Rover back in the day we had a printing dept doing brochures etc. who would print stuff for employees at cost price. It was brilliant! Anyway would someone like to do a design for a business card. Also the logo needs to be reviewed as all the originals are fading and we have nothing for new members.

This needs to be a separate thread. The Cotswold Tour has given the club a much higher profile in the movement and we should take advantage.

--

One eye in the rear-view mirror, full speed into the curve, the engine running smoother than ever:lol:

August 15, 2012 at 4:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob

But the best idea of all is the Pimms

--

August 15, 2012 at 4:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JanZ Moke

If we have another show to go to before 22nd September, we can have the No1... thereafter we should have No.3 Cup :-)

As far as the banner goes, either we could hang it just under the flap, attaching it via eyelets to the frame. Other wise, via cord from each end eyelet, over each front 'shoulder' of the gazebo and then attache it to the lowest point on the frame on the sides of the gazebo. They should be almost at the bottom of the flap (guess pictures and practice would equal several thousand words)

--

August 15, 2012 at 7:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.